If you are considering a pod, you may ask, “Is a pod unit worth it?” Pods can have many benefits of regular self-storage. Pods are simply containers created out of metal and designed for storing and/or moving. They offer many advantages, but the disadvantages can cause you to avoid using them altogether, depending on your needs. The best way to find out if pods are right for you is to continue reading to find out all about them.
Benefits of Pod Units
If you are asking “What is the point of a pod unit?”, here are some of the advantages they offer:
- They are available in many sizes to meet your needs. They can be purchased in containers as small as 7x7x8 and as big as 16x8x8.
- They offer personal comfort. Now you won’t have to worry about driving to a storage facility to find your items. Sometimes, finding a good storage facility can be a great distance from your home. Pods can simply be brought right to your home and remain there until the company comes to grab them. You can choose whether you’d like your items to be brought to another place or a storage facility.
- You select how much time you need to reserve your pods
- You will also have the luxury of being able to secure your pods whenever you’d like because you will have possession of the keys.
Disadvantages of Pod Units
- Convenience doesn’t always mean cheaper. Pods cost more than self-storage units. If this is not in your budget, this may not be a good choice for you.
- Depending on where you live, you may be unable to set your PODS unit on the street. Certain areas have restrictions regarding where you can set your PODS.
- Certain areas don’t enable PODS to be transported along certain roads. This is due to the access that is required for the POD and truck.
- Additionally, if you reside in a condo or apartment building, there may also be restrictions on using PODS. You will need to confirm before you are able to use it.
- It is not easy to unlock your PODS just to grab something really quickly.
- PODS are heavy, so you will be lifting them on your own if you don’t have anyone to assist you.
- PODS don’t come with heat or AC, which means your belongings will not be kept at an adjusted temperature like storage facilities.
If you are searching for something that has many more size options available, a storage unit may be your best bet. Self-storage units offer units from 5×5 all the way to 10×25. However, they are not as convenient as PODS. If you want storage that is easily accessible, you should consider POD units. You can easily load up your items in one container versus transporting them to a location and then loading the unit. But, this depends on your needs and requirements for storage.
Categorised in: Pod Units
This post was written by admin