Trying to think of some new pool ideas? Why not try a shipping container pool? Installing an in-ground pool can be time-consuming and expensive. This is because pool installations require hours of construction work. To install a shipping container pool, on the other hand, you’d only need to purchase a shipping container and follow the steps outlined below. Plus, shipping container pools look great and offer the perfect way to have fun during the warm summer months. Read on if you’re ready to get started on your new pool:
- Design a plan for your pool: The first thing you’ll want to do is make a plan for your pool. This should involve deciding on the pool’s size and placement. Storage containers can come in several different sizes, though it’s best to go with either a 20- or 40-foot container. Shipping containers are often deep, but you can have them cut to your preferred height.
- Get design approval: Once you have the perfect design, it’s time to submit it to the local authorities for approval. This will help ensure that you don’t face any fees before starting your pool project. If you’re having trouble coming up with designs, consider hiring an engineer.
- Order the shipping container: Next, you can order your shipping container. Be sure to order from a reputable company with years of experience in providing top-quality shipping containers.
- Start with the foundation: While waiting on your shipping container to arrive, you can start on the foundation for your pool. This involves digging out the right amount of land to lay down a concrete foundation. Doing so will help prevent major damage to your yard due to the weight of the pool.
- Reinforce the sides: Reinforcing the sides of your shipping container is extremely important, as these products aren’t made to hold a large amount of water. You can easily reinforce the container by welding a metal plate over the lip or adding steel channels to the outside walls. Just be sure to wear the proper safety equipment. If you’re not experienced in using welding equipment, call in a professional.
- Make sure the container is ready for water: You can waterproof your container by either welding the inside, pouring in waterproof concrete or placing down a fiberglass insert. Each method of waterproofing comes with its own advantages and disadvantages. That’s why it’s important to consider them all before making a decision.
- Connect your plumbing: The last step in installing your shipping container pool is connecting the plumbing. You should first install a pool deck, where you can store all the plumbing equipment. For this step, it’s always best to contact a professional plumber for assistance.
Building a shipping container pool is typically easier and more inexpensive than installing an in-ground pool. One of the most important steps of this process is choosing a high-quality shipping container. If you want more new pool ideas or need a great shipping container delivered to your property, contact A Mobile Box for your free quote.
Categorised in: Shipping Containers
This post was written by Writer