Shipping containers are best known for providing an excellent storage solution for a wide range of items. They’re also useful for transporting goods from one location to another. But did you know that a container bunker can also be a key element of a disaster preparedness plan in Houston, TX?
When a pandemic or natural disaster strikes, containers can be used as modular shelter units that offer a reliable way to meet needs for housing, as well as for providing medical care and testing. Read on to find out about shipping container emergency uses.
One of the primary ways shipping containers are used during emergencies is for shelter. This space can be for hospitals, cities, organizations or businesses. People whose homes are not accessible can also use the shelter these containers provide.
Modular buildings provide a rapid response to natural disasters. These modular, prefabricated structures can be deployed in as quickly as seven days. These units offer emergency shelter and can either stand alone or as part of a group of units.
When you think of a space at a home or business related to an emergency, you might imagine a panic room or a bomb shelter. Another option that doesn’t take up space within the existing structure is a shipping container. Containers offer a number of benefits over other options:
- Easy access: Unlike other options, you can obtain a shipping container in as little as a few days.
- Inexpensive: Simply purchase the container and secure it to the ground. There’s no need to expand or remodel existing space.
- Secure: Containers are made of solid steel. This means they will be difficult to break into and can withstand pretty much anything Mother Nature throws at them.
- Durable: These containers are made to be stacked for voyages across the ocean and carry thousands of pounds of products. That means they’re built to last.
If you’re considering a shipping container for emergency use, it’s a good idea to prepare ahead of time. Consider all the following factors:
- How much time you anticipate spending in the shelter: Emergency preparedness organizations recommend planning to be in the shelter for at least three days.
- How many people will be in the shelter: You need a space that’s going to be big enough for all your occupants. Don’t forget to include your pets!
- What supplies you’ll need: From food and clothing to drinking water and first aid kits, you’ll want to stock up enough to last for at least a few days.
The next time you’re looking for storage solutions in Houston, TX, then A Mobile Box is here to meet your needs. We have over 15 years of experience in the storage industry, providing commercial and residential portable container rentals and sales. We offer secure and convenient portable storage container units delivered within a 300-mile radius of Houston. From commercial and retail business storage to construction storage, we do it all. Give us a call right now to learn more about how our shipping containers can help in an emergency!
Categorised in: Shipping Containers
This post was written by Writer