What You Need to Know Before the Delivery of Your Shipping ContainerJanuary 10, 2020 6:15 pm Leave your thoughts
Commercial operations and individuals buy and rent shipping containers for many reasons, including storage, shipping and even residential usage. They can be used as living and office spaces in addition to their myriad of commercial and industrial storage applications.
If you’re getting ready for a shipping container delivery in Houston, TX, there are certain factors you need to take into consideration, including space, weight and foundations. Here is what you need to know when you’re buying or renting a shipping container for your home or business:
- Required space: The top factor affecting your shipping container delivery is space. You might assume that if you have 40 feet of space, you can fit a 40-foot container, but that doesn’t take into account the space you’ll need for the actual delivery. A Mobile Box can help you determine how much space our drivers will need to maneuver and set the shipping container down, but it’s safe to assume you’ll need well over twice the space for delivery that the actual container requires.
- Container weight: Wherever you place the container, make sure it can bear the weight of both the shipping container and the truck that will deliver it. Shipping containers and delivery trucks can weigh up to 45,000 pounds. If the ground is too soft, you may need to have a backup space available.
- Foundation and surface considerations: Your foundation needs to be firm enough to support a heavy container and level enough to ensure that the doors will open smoothly. Drainage is also an issue, since you don’t want the surrounding area to flood.
- Door direction: Before your delivery arrives, determine which direction you’d like your doors to face so that your driver can place the container appropriately.
- Permit requirements: Generally, you won’t need a permit to have a storage container on your property, but every city and county has different rules and regulations. Before your shipping container arrives, make sure you’re familiar with the local laws. Which rules apply may depend on how long you intend to have the container on your property, whether you’re buying or renting and various other factors.
- Insurance needs: Be sure to understand what the insurance requirements are for your shipping container, which vary from company to company. If you have any questions about insurance for containers from A Mobile Box, don’t hesitate to call us for more information.
- Container delivery charges: Finally, you’ll want to ask whether shipping and delivery charges are included in the cost of your unit.
Shipping container delivery in Houston, TX
A Mobile Box is proud to provide shipping container delivery in the Houston, TX area. When you purchase a unit, we can deliver anywhere within a 300-mile radius of Houston, and we’re glad to deliver rental units within a 150-mile radius. From storage to living spaces, our all-steel, weatherproof shipping containers are guaranteed to be safe, secure and sturdy. Call us today to discuss your shipping container options, including space and delivery considerations. We look forward to serving you soon.
Categorised in: Shipping Containers
This post was written by Writer