The oil and gas industry requires a lot of innovation when it comes to executing their jobs and keeping up with the competition. One of the ways in which the industry has benefited from innovation is with the use of modified portable shipping containers in Houston, TX.
Here’s just a quick look at some of the reasons why the oil and gas industry uses these containers and the kinds of benefits that come from doing so:
- Resistance to precipitation: Steel portable shipping containers will not leak and cause massive inconveniences to employees, unlike various other types of travel trailers. A 10-foot shipping container remote terminal unit enclosure is weathertight in both rain and snow. Houston can get quite a bit of rain during the wet season, so this is an important benefit to have.
- Wind resistance and general durability: The state of Texas averages 147 tornadoes every year, which means oil fields in Texas must be capable of withstanding strong winds and storms. ISO rigidity testing ensures all shipping containers are structurally sound to the point where they’re able to hold up to 180 mile per hour winds (hurricane-strength winds) without buckling or warping. Recent history has shown us just how important it is to have hurricane-proof structures in Houston.
- Mobility: These portable shipping containers are, as the name suggests, built with easy transportation in mind. Their features make them easy to relocate by truck and to place on-site wherever needed with cranes or forklifts. This doesn’t just add a lot of convenience, but also saves quite a bit of money in that you can cut down on the amount of money spent on less efficient means of transportation for getting these containers moved around.
- Climate control: Climate-controlled shipping containers protect equipment and employees alike when the weather gets extremely hot and muggy here in south Texas. Comfortable work spaces help to improve the morale of employees and help you retain them for longer periods of time. Consider this: Houston is one of 12 cities in Texas that experiences more than 100 days of 90-degree temperatures or higher each year.
- Customization: There are plenty of custom design options for shipping containers that allow project managers to get as many different types of utility ports and openings as they would like. Even the most complex solutions can be created with this level of customization.
- Simple electrical and plumbing infrastructure: Portable shipping containers used for office and break spaces arrive fully plumbed and wired, so all you need to do is plug them into water and electrical lines and you’re ready to get up and running. This allows you to cut down on the amount of preparation time at the job site—you can stay focused on the more important work at hand.
For more information about the biggest benefits associated with the use of portable shipping containers in Houston, TX for the oil and gas industry, contact the team at A Mobile Box.Com LLC today with your questions. We look forward to hearing from you!
This post was written by Writer