Choosing the Right Container in Houston, TXMay 21, 2018 3:10 pm Leave your thoughts
Since their inception, portable containers in Houston, TX have been an efficient and convenient way for homeowners and business owners to move furniture and belongings, store things on their property or house equipment. No matter if you’re using the container for moving, storage or other, more creative applications, like creating a workshop or tool shed, the first step in renting a unit is determining which size is the best for your needs.
Most companies that rent or sell portable storage units in Houston, TX will offer a variety of sizes to choose from. However, estimating the size of a unit and what will fit inside it can be tricky. There is no one answer for what size storage container you’ll need. It largely depends on what you’re doing with it and what type and amount of stuff you’ll be storing. To help you discover the perfect size storage unit, try out some of these tips:
- Identify your application: The first thing you’ll need to figure out is what you’ll be using the storage unit for. Are you packing up your entire home and moving somewhere else? If so, you’ll need portable storage units in Houston, TX that can accommodate all of your belongings. If you’re using the unit for a workshop or office, you’ll need to identify what you want to put in the space and how much room you’ll want to have to move around.
- Create a list of items: No matter if you’re packing the portable container for storage, moving or something else, make a rough list of items you plan to put in the unit and use it to gauge the minimum amount of space you’ll need. If you’re moving, make sure to note all large pieces of furniture or appliances, as well as an estimated number of boxes. If you’re using the container to store something, figure out what it is you need to store and how large of a space it requires.
- Base it on home size: When using portable containers for moving, you might be able to rent one size based on the size of your home. Many companies provide estimates for you based on the number of bedrooms in your home. An 8’ x 20’ unit can usually hold the items in a two- to three-bedroom home. You can also estimate it based on the square footage of your home, but the space you need might change if you have a lot of things.
- When in doubt, round up: It’s definitely better to have more space than you need than to have too little when renting a portable storage container. Many people go with a smaller unit to save a little bit of money, but end up having to rent an entirely new unit because the original one was too small to fit everything. When in doubt, round your needed space up and get the larger container.
- Ask the experts: Remember, you don’t need to make this decision entirely on your own. Experts with years of experience with portable storage units in Houston, TX will be able to help you pick the right container for your application and belongings. Before you call for help, try to understand what you’ll use it for, create the list of major items you’re moving and the other items mentioned above so they can give you the most accurate recommendation.
A Mobile Box.Com LLC offers a variety of secure, weather- and tamper-proof portable containers in Houston, TX for short- and long-term rental, rent-to-own or purchase! Select from 20- and 40-foot containers of various heights. With multiple sizes to choose from and delivery to your property, we’re sure to have something useful for your storage needs!
Categorised in: Portable Containers, Portable Storage
This post was written by Writer